Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Olympic Beading

Nothing like Olympic fever to inspire one to soar to new heights. While there is much to be said for training and preparation there is still the "just do it" theory of making things happen. Such was the case on Saturday. I had been visualizing a piece I wanted to make to wear  with some two tone agate I had purchased from Katie with Gemstones of Africa (she sells at the San Mateo Gem show) with an outfit on Sunday. Still I needed some items and had to be downtown to get my laptop upgraded. What a good excuse to make a side trip to Yone! The consultation started off with Sandra of course and then expanded to two other classmates with considerable experience and taste to match who just happened to drop by. If we tried to plan this it would never have happened. They loved the agate beads I wanted to work with and I was sorely tempted to buy an antique silver necklace to work into my piece. Reason prevailed (Hermon...I was so oooooooooooo tempted!) and at home I dug up a Tibetan piece I had been wanting to work with and before you know it my necklace was ready for its Sunday debut.



No comments:

Post a Comment