Tuesday, June 12, 2012

“Simple Elegance” was the name for Sandra’s project last week and it was aptly titled as we learned to create a strand of pearls using knotting technique to string them. The pearls were Japanese vintage  and quite lovely.  Still elegance is never really that simple and neither is knotting pearls as I discovered. Still once I got my knotting mojo working spacing seemed to flow. This first piece is uneven and my plan is to take it apart and redo it until I have the desired result. Practice does make perfect so back to my awl and string. The Russians have a saying that the first blini never comes out. I suspect that extends to pearl stringing as well! Sorry about the sideways photo, my learning curve on blogger is not up to speed just yet. Trust me the original photo is vertical....just can't figure it out....yet.














2 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore your Blog Lesley ~ so shabby, romantic and fabulous! I'm so happy you've dove into the blogworld ~ can't wait to see what treasures you'll share!

    xo

    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need to teach me this!!!! I have always thought it would be great to be able to do this. Isn't it funny how no matter how much you learn there is always more you want to learn? I guess that's called living... Have a great week. HUGS!
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete