Monday, June 4, 2012

Welcome to my blog and my first real post on this new and beautiful site thanks to blog desginer extraordinaire Karen Valentine. Karen came highly recommended by Artistic Affaire pal Charlene and now I know why!  It only  took two years to get here as I puttered around some other blog sites, Attending Kim Caldwell's wonderful "Affaire at Tiffany's" event this May in Los Angeles was the final push.

So how did Karen arrive at this design? First a story. Years ago I found myself outside of Paris attending a company conference. Over the weekend there was an enormous flea market that was an annual event in the town. As I made way up and down the charming street with my good friend Lise from Canada,  all of a sudden I spied an oil painting and knew instantly it was Russian. The piece was signed by an artist who passed away in the late 70's. The title "Girlfriends" showed two young girls, one in peasant garb, the other in school uniform, pouring over a book together. I loved the literacy message but also the intimacy in the shared experience. As I cast about for a way to brand myself with this blog all of a sudden this painting took on new meaning. A few clicks of my iPhone camera later and Karen was busy at work making this a reality by incorporating it into the title art of this site. For those who visit this site I look forward to sharing ideas, experiences,  information and a few precious moments with you  tête  à tête.

1 comment:

  1. YEA!!! you did it and it looks great! Welcome to the blogging world. I have met some of the most wonderful people and have made great friends!Blogging is how I met Karen Valentine and Charlene. Have a great weekend,xox-cindy

    ReplyDelete