Monday, June 25, 2012

This weekend went to the dogs....literally. It also went to the discovery of a unique location found in the course of web surfing...but I digress. Coming back from Saturday morning errands I met a neighbor with her son and Bichon Frise NiuNiu. She disclosed that they were in the process of moving and the new apartment would not allow dogs so she was on her way to surrender NiuNiu to Animal Control. She had tried the SPCA but they were full up (as are most rescues currently due to the ongoing economic crisis this country faces). I pleaded with her to give me a few days to try to place NiuNiu. My goal was to sound out an obedience school classmate whose beloved  14 year old award winning obedience and agility dog succumbed suddenly to cancer two weeks ago. The owner has been inconsolable since but I just had a hunch....The good news is that little NiuNiu had a new home as of yesterday! My classmate took the plunge and brought NiuNiu into her life. Here is what she currently looks like. Will update this once she settles in with her new Mom and gets some additional grooming.



As for my other discovery....after living in San Francisco for 40 years (can't believe that number!) I thought I knew every nook and cranny of this amazing city....wrong. While surfing the web last week I landed on a design site with the most amazing photograph of a stairway located on Moraga between 15th and 16th Avenues (check out www.tiledsteps.org for more info about the project).

Who knew? I was so moved by the pictures that I had to go see it for myself which I did Saturday with husband and pooch in tow. The work just blew us away  as did the view looking down. Needless to say pooch had to start climbing the steps and at the half way mark posed for a close up to the amusement of other tourists doing the same things. With all the staircases in this town this is a project crying out to be duplicated to beautify our neighborhoods.




On a clear day.......
Always the center of attention!


Happy exploring all!


1 comment:

  1. OMG!!!!!! How beautiful is that stairway!!! And soooooooooo happy you found that sweet Niu Niu a home. My friend Holly loves that kind of dog too & adopted her Pheobe from the rescue group. You did your good deed for the week. I just found out that a store I love is in the SF area... Katikoos so, IF I get to come up on my way home I have to check it out!!! Hope you're having a great week. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete